Corporate Growth Strategies: I have directed comprehensive growth strategy projects for several manufacturing companies, including ITW ProBrands, ITW Professional Automotive Products, and Positronic. Provided marketing and communications consulting and project management for numerous other corporations.
Senior Management: I have been involved in short term and long term organizational direction as part of management teams at large organizations, including World Vision, Prison Fellowship, and IFCJ; and leading small organizations such as The Trinity Forum and Flourish.
Program: I have been engaged in program development throughout my career. This major program involvement work includes the following:
• As the first national director of Prison Fellowship’s Angel Tree program for prisoners’ children, I developed the national plan that launched a program that has helped hundreds of thousands of children and is thriving to this day.
• Completed a ground breaking strategic program plan for the advocacy group called Stand for Israel.
• Completed the blueprint for a major educational initiative called the Center for Jewish & Christian Understanding.
Communications : Provided comprehensive communications plans for many client organizations, campaigns, and special projects. These included:
• Planned, negotiated, and managed a promotional arrangement and “Heaven in the Real World” concert tour sponsorship with recording artist Steven Curtis Chapman, which acquired the names of 70,000 young people and exposed 1.5 million people to the organization’s messages.
• Campaign strategy and management for the Evangelical Climate Initiative, 2006-2008. Directed multi-million dollar national advocacy campaign including media outreach, television and print advertising, government relations, and grass roots mobilization.
Hands-on direction of the communication divisions at two large non-profit organizations, including up to 40 staff, and direct involvement in writing, editor, media outreach, social media, and Web management.
• Produced four online newsletters; created and maintained three corporate blogs
• Created and published a new monthly newspaper for Christians in prison, called Inside Journal.
• Published the Flourish online environmental journal and blog.
• Produced the monthly Jubilee publication for Prison Fellowship
• Development and engagement of Web communities on Facebook and Twitter, emphasizing interaction and response (rather than just fan counts)..
• Facebook fans, at one company, increased from 140,000 to 310,000 in less than 2 years
• Twitter followers, at one company, increased from 2,346 to 5,029.
• Introduced a social media-based next generation communications program.
Created and maintained five Websites and handled online communication.
Handled outreach to media, large and small, for many of the largest organizations in the world and some of the best know public figures in the Christian evangelical sector.
Working with designers and ad placement experts, creating compelling print, radio, and TV ads for clients.
• Wrote Franklin Graham’s Columbine Memorial address
• Wrote Stand in the Gap speech for the president of Promise Keepers
• Wrote op-eds (for clients) that appeared in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, and The Washington Post.
• Reported and wrote for the nation’s leading evangelical publication, Christianity Today, including news and feature writing.
Led program and communications teams in multiple organizations. Increased coordination and output, reduced turnover, coordinated actions, and produced quality, timeliness, and flexible communications across multiple platforms.
One of four chief officers reporting to the president of $100 million organization; heavily involved in the strategic planning and daily management.
Served on the senior management team of $40 million organization, reporting to the chairman and president.
Served as chief of staff for Charles W. Colson, one of the most prominent evangelical leaders of the last generation. Managed his office and public outreach; planned and advanced events, and handled public relations.
Co-founder and CEO of a start-up organization to bring balance and vibrancy to teaching and actions on environmental stewardship within the churches. Conducted national Flourish conference to engage conservatives on environmental issues. Launching and leading a start-up non-profit during the depth of the recent recession provided valuable lessons in making incremental progress in difficult times.
Managed the development of a new signature and branding for the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews.
Repositioned Prison Fellowship Ministries from a prison ministry to a response to crime as a moral problem. Wrote and produced presentations, promotional material, and media information, and completed a new logo and entire graphic identity program.
Working with talented designers, created logos and managed brand development for the following organizations.
• Evangelical Environmental Network
• Evangelical Climate Initiative
Directed an international advocacy program on behalf of Israel (Stand for Israel), marshalling 50,000 participants through daily communications, social media, and calls to action.
Directed the successful Evangelical Climate Initiative which through media relations, advertising, government relations, presented new evangelical movement toward support of climate change legislation.